High-Quality 20 Gauge Ammunition for Sale at LuckyGunnerArmory.com
If you’re just starting out with a 20 gauge shotgun and need ammunition, check out LuckyGunnerArmory.com. We have a range of ammo made for 20 gauge shotguns. It’s affordable and easy to buy. Whether you’re planning to go hunting or practice shooting, our 20 gauge ammo is great for beginners. It works well and gives good results when you shoot.
Why Choose Us?
LuckyGunnerArmory.com has a lot of different 20 gauge ammo for sale at good prices. We work with top ammo brands that make good quality rounds. You can find different types of 20 gauge ammo like birdshot, buckshot, and slugs. We have deals if you buy in bulk, and we can ship your order quickly. Our customer service is helpful and friendly. We want to make sure you’re happy with your purchase.
What Is 20 Gauge Ammo?
20 gauge ammo is the type of ammo used with a 20 gauge shotgun. It’s like a special shell that you put in the shotgun to make it shoot. The 20 gauge part tells you how big the shotgun’s hole is. The ammo has a plastic or paper cover, a metal bottom with a small explosive part, and a lead or steel ball or bullet inside. People use 20 gauge ammo for hunting small animals and birds or just for fun shooting.
Case type Rimmed, straight
Bullet diameter .615 in (15.6 mm)
Shoulder diameter .684 in (17.4 mm)
Base diameter .697 in (17.7 mm)
Rim diameter .766 in (19.5 mm)
Rim thickness .0484 in (1.23 mm)
Case length 2.76 in (70 mm)
Primer type Shotshell Primer
Maximum pressure 12,000 psi (83 MPa)
Choosing the Right Shotgun Ammo: Exploring the Differences Between 20 Gauge and 12 Gauge
When we compare 20 bore and 12 gauge ammo, the main difference is in their size and power. The bore number tells us how big the hole in the shotgun is. A 12 gauge shotgun has a bigger hole than a 20 bore shotgun.
Because of their size difference, 12 gauge ammo is bigger and has more powder and pellets or bullets inside compared to 20 bore ammo. This means that 12 gauge ammo is more powerful and can shoot farther than 20 bore ammo.
On the other hand, 20 bore ammo is smaller and lighter, so it has less recoil or kick when you shoot. It’s easier to handle, especially for beginners or people who don’t like strong recoil. People often use 20 bore ammo for hunting smaller animals.
Remember, the choice between 20 bore and 12 gauge depends on what you want to do and how comfortable you are with recoil.
Exploring the Versatility of 20 Gauge Ammo: Common Uses and Benefits for Beginners and Beyond
People commonly use 20 gauge ammo for different purposes, such as:
1. Hunting small animals: 20 bore ammo is great for hunting small animals like rabbits, squirrels, and birds like pheasants and quails. It’s easy to handle and doesn’t kick too much.
2. Home protection: Some folks choose 20 bore shotguns for protecting their homes. The ammo has enough power to defend yourself but doesn’t have too much recoil, so it’s easier to use indoors.
3. Fun shooting: Whether you’re shooting at targets or clay pigeons, the 20 bore is good for recreational shooting. It doesn’t kick too hard, so you can enjoy shooting for longer without getting tired.
4. Beginners and young shooters: The 20 bore is often recommended for new or young shooters because it has less recoil. It helps them learn how to shoot without feeling overwhelmed or scared.
5. Clay shooting competitions: In sports like sporting clays and skeet shooting, the 20 bore is a popular choice. It has enough power to break the clay targets but is still easy to handle.
Just remember that the 20 bore is better for shooting at shorter distances.
Understanding the Effective Range of 20 Gauge Ammo for Hunting
The distance that 20 gauge ammo can go depends on different things, like the kind of bullets, how long the gun barrel is, and how good you are at shooting. Usually, when people use 20 bore ammo for hunting, they think it works well within about 40 to 50 yards (around 36 to 46 meters).
Within this distance, you can aim and hit your target well when hunting small to medium-sized animals. But remember, the space might change depending on what you’re aiming at, where you are, and the choke you use on your shotgun.
If you want to shoot farther or go after smaller animals that are far away, you might need to use bigger bullets or change how you shoot.
It’s important to practice shooting with your gun and bullets so you can learn how far they can go and make sure you’re aiming accurately and safely.
Exploring Different Types of 20 Gauge Ammo and Their Uses: A Comprehensive Guide
There are different types of 20 gauge ammo you can use for different things. Let’s talk about some common types and what they’re good for:
1. Birdshot: This ammo is good for hunting birds and small animals. It has lots of little pellets that spread out when you shoot, so it’s easier to hit moving targets at close to medium distances.
2. Buckshot: If you want to defend yourself or hunt bigger animals like deer, buckshot is a good choice. It has bigger pellets that pack more power and work well at shorter to medium distances.
3. Slugs: Slugs are used for hunting bigger game or when you need to shoot accurately at a long distance. They’re solid bullets that are more accurate and can go through things better than other types of ammo.
4. Specialty Loads: There are also special types of ammo you can find. Some have less kick when you shoot, which is good if you don’t like strong recoil. Others are made specifically for hunting turkeys or for protecting your home.
Lastly, remember to choose the right ammo for what you’re doing. Think about the size of the animal you’re hunting, how far away it is, and any rules or laws you need to follow.
Top Brands for 20 Gauge Ammo: Quality Options for Hunting and Shooting
Yes, there are some good brands of 20 gauge ammo that people really like. Here are a few:
1. Federal Premium: They make good ammo for hunting and self-defense. They have lots of different types to choose from.
2. Winchester: This is a well-known brand that makes reliable and consistent 20 bore ammo. They have ammo for hunting, target shooting, and protecting yourself.
3. Remington: Another trusted brand in the gun world. Again, they make 20 bore ammo for hunting and sports shooting.
4. Fiocchi: This is an Italian brand that makes good-quality ammo. Also, they have different 20 bore loads for hunting and practicing shooting.
5. Hornady: They’re known for their cool designs and making sure their ammo is top-notch. While they’re mostly famous for rifle bullets, they also have good 20 gauge shotgun ammo.
Remember, everyone has their own favorite brand, so it’s a good idea to try different ones and see which works best for you and your gun.
If you’re new to buying ammo, Lucky Gunner Armory is the perfect place to find 20 gauge shotgun shells. Also, we have lots of options from good brands, and our prices are really affordable. Our website is easy to use, so even if you’re just starting out, you can find what you need and buy it without any problems. Whether you want to go hunting, try out shooting sports, or feel safer, our 20 gauge ammo will work well for you. Lastly, trust Lucky Gunner Armory to give you the right ammo for your shotgun. Start your ammo journey with us and enjoy the convenience of shopping online.